EARLY: Oklahoma's Youth Business Competition
The Early Event is Oklahoma’s first-ever state-wide youth entrepreneurship event, taking place on Sunday, July 24th from 2:00 pm-7:00 pm at the Criterion Theater in downtown OKC. This is your chance to show off your best product ideas, sell your products, and pitch your ideas for big money. Sound interesting? Here’s what you need to do:
✦ For kids 8-15 years old
✦Sunday, July 24th from 2:00pm to 7:00pm
✦Spectators (friends, family, etc.) can register for free
✦Competitors are $25 per team
- Exhibition Zone: Each business/team will receive a table in the Exhibition Zone to sell their product, or display their concept throughout the day.
- Pitch Competition: Each business/team will have an opportunity to pitch their business idea / product to top business leaders, educators and innovators in Oklahoma. A great way to get solid feedback on your idea.
- Broadcast Center: Each business/team will have an opportunity to be interviewed in the Broadcast Center on our Facebook Live feed. Here’s your chance for 15 minutes of fame!
- Early Stock Market: Each business/team will be listed on the Early Stock Market. Spectators will receive “Early Money” to invest in listed businesses. Those businesses and spectators with the greatest returns will win cool prizes!
- The Main Stage: Musical performers, innovative youth entrepreneurs, and others will present from the Main Stage. Pitch competition finalists will also get to pitch their product or idea from the main stage…for big cash prizes!
✦ This can be virtually anything: food items, tech, crafts, art, cosmetics, home decor, etc.
✦ Determine how you’re going to make your product (Materials you’ll need, quantities you’ll make, etc.)
✦ Make a budget that includes how much you’ll spend to make each product, and how much you’ll sell it for (sell it for more than it costs you to make it).
✦ You will be given a 2 foot by 6 foot table to display and sell your product or idea.
✦ Consider making signage, decorations, table cloth, or even a fold out display panel (like a science fair),
✦ Decide if you’ll actually sell your product, or just present an idea for a product.
- Bring extra cash to make change.
- Consider getting Square to use with a phone for credit card transactions.
- Plan to make and bring a set quantity of your product to sell.
✦ This is a short presentation (1-2 minutes) about your product and why people should buy it, or invest in it.
- Make your pitch fun and interesting
- Include your budget info
- Make sure to fully explain your product or idea
- Tell about yourself or your team