Loveworks, Inc. is an organization that helps people discover their potential and live into their dreams. We have created academic, leadership and community programs that will impact Norman, Oklahoma and beyond. Through our afterschool programs, leadership training, community initiatives and summer leadership camps we believe we can see lives transformed. Our goal is to:
- Establish community partnerships who reach the same target population
- Train and equip mentor leaders who will have an impact in the lives of our youth
- See our middle school students improve their academic success and reach their leadership potential
- Develop leaders who will make a positive impact in our community and beyond
- Reach our youth who have been incarcerated to help them build character and learn to make healthy choice
The vision for Loveworks, Inc. began with Clark Mitchell, who is passionate about impacting the city of Norman and specifically middle school aged students. Research shows that this age group is the most at–risk behaviorally and academically of all children. However, these students also possess incredible energy and promise for success. Through individualized support and encouragement we can make a difference.
The vision of the afterschool initiative is simple: to develop leaders, one child at a time. There is no doubt in our minds that as we provide tutoring and mentorship geared towards developing life and leadership skills, that each student will be empowered. They will have the opportunity to discover their potential, be affirmed in their identity, and pursue their ideas and dreams.